Vertical Platform Lift Installation
What Is Involved In a Vertical Platform Installation?
VPL projects come in a variety of shapes and sizes – making it difficult to make general statements about the installation process.There are some useful observations we can make:
1. The first step is to prepare the site and get it ready for the equipment. Lifts must be properly supported – either with a concrete base or properly supported walls.
2. If installing a lift is going to be complex it is usually because of the site preparation.
3. Installing a lift outside a home or in a structure under construction tends to be much easier.
4. The second and usually far easier step is the installation and inspection of the lift.
5. The lift will require 110-volt power and if it has a hoistway, a phone line.
When installing a complex VPL project it is helpful to have a single contractor who will provide both the site preparation and complete the installation – avoiding the finger pointing between the contractor and the lift provider. EHLS is a licensed general contractor and we have been installing vertical platform lifts since 1991 – so we have the experience and ability to plan, manage and successfully install your VPL.