Commercial LU/LA Elevators
EHLS/Lifeway Mobility provides LU/LA (Limited Use / Limited Application) elevators to commercial buildings in the Chicagoland area. The main purpose of a LULA elevator is to provide an accessible way for disabled visitors to navigate between the floor levels of a building.
For your low-rise office or other public building, our LU/LA elevators have features you would find in a commercial high-rise elevator, without the price. The high-efficiency hydraulic drive system provides the ultimate smooth, quiet ride for passengers, and the automatic sliding stainless steel doors deliver the modern, sleek look of a standard commercial elevator. The LU/LA elevators that we professionally sell and install are manufactured by Savaria, which is one of the top manufacturers in the industry.
LU/LA elevators can provide ADA compliant handicap accessibility to any of the following buildings, where permitted by local code:
- Places of worship
- Multi-family housing
- Professional office buildings (up to 3 stories)
When is a LULA Elevator the Best Solution?
- LU/LA elevators are the ideal elevator type for low-rise buildings
- LU/LA elevators are a hybrid between a full-sized commercial elevator and a vertical platform wheelchair lift.
- A LU/LA provides the look and feel of a commercial elevator in an affordable package.
- LU/LA elevators are also less costly than a full-size commercial elevator and will require less space for construction – saving you money and floor space
LU/LA Elevator Features
- Capacity: up to 1,400 pounds
- Travel: up to 25 feet
- Travel speed: 30 feet per minute
- Stainless steel or brass control panel and call stations
- Stainless steel handrail
- Digital floor indicators
- 36” wide doors
- Cab size: up to 18 square feet
- Fire rated steel panel cab
- Emergency battery back-up for lowering
- Emergency interior lighting
- Emergency stop and alarm buttons