In & Out Of The House
- EHLS has a complete line of products to assist you with getting in & out of the house.
- From ramps to lifts to automatic door openers, we can work with you to determine the right solution for you and your home.
- Lifts are an important accessibility option when trying to get up to and into your house – especially in Chicago’s many neighborhoods with steps at the front and back doors.
- A simple rule is that if the rise is more than 30? you should consider a lift instead of a ramp – and lifts are especially useful in the city where space is often limited.
- Look at the short summaries below and link to the section that best meets your needs.
- VPL’s are an excellent solution when a ramp doesn’t meet safety standards
- Lifting a passenger in their wheelchair from as little as 20 inches up to 14 feet – VPL’s can be installed in the garage or adjacent to a porch to lift the wheelchair user to the house
- Outdoor chairlifts are a great solution for getting up the stairs when you can transfer independently
- Fully covered and built with marine components – outdoor chairlifts are ready to deal with Chicago’s weather and are quick and easy to install
- Our years of experience will help you design the right ramp for your needs – a site built wooden or concrete ramp or a portable aluminum ramp that can be quickly installed.
- A metal modular wheelchair ramp is a simple solution for both short and long term necessity
- Create accessible entry and exit points to your existing home
- Automatic door openers, operated with remote controls or push buttons, are a “no-hands” way to open or close a door
- Teamed with remote controlled deadbolts – they provide security and ease of access
“James, Thank you and your crew for the outstanding work done for Fiona O’Neill. The family is very thankful and so are we at the Make-a-Wish Foundation. Fiona can now bathe with dignity and privacy. Sincerely, Nancy Corts Make-a-Wish Volunteer Wish Granter “ – Nancy Corts