Access Chicago is Chicago’s Premier Event for People with Disabilities
EHLS has been proud to help those living in Chicago that are disabled by providing safety solutions such as wheelchair lifts, stair lifts, home elevators and bathroom modifications. With that being said, we are happy to share with you that Access Chicago, Chicago’s premier event for those who are disabled is returning this summer! The event will be held at Navy Pier in Festival Hall B on Thursday, July 19th from 9am-4pm. MOPD’s Access Chicago promotes the independence and inclusion of those who have disabilities and it is free and open to the public. Discount parking will also be provided for the event.
At this event you will be able to do the following:
- Participate in a number of different adaptive sports and recreational opportunities, such as bingo, fishing, golf, and bean-bag toss
- Take part in the following activities: cooking demos, interactive therapeutic art sessions
- Test new and existing products for people with disabilities
- Connect with a number of community organizations to learn about disability-related social services
- Receive a free health screening in the health pavilion
- Learn about legal rights of people with disabilities
- A number of other fun activities
AccessChicago is a great event for anyone who has a disability. To register for Access Chicago 2018, please click here
EHLS looks forward to seeing you there!