Up & Down the Stairs – Mobility Solutions for the Chicagoland Area
- We can help you get up and down the stairs in your home safely and easily
- EHLS has been serving the Greater Chicagoland Area, Northwest Indiana, & Southeast Wisconsin since 1991!
- We offer Stairlifts, Residential Elevators, Vertical Platform Lifts and Inclined Platform Lifts to get you up & down the stairs in your home
- Cost-effective solutions that will enable you to age in the home you have grown to know and love
- Click the boxes below to learn more about making your home more accessible.
Test ride a stair lift, wheelchair lift, or home elevator in our accessibility showroom, which is located in Arlington Heights, IL
- Stairlifts carry seated passengers up and down over an existing staircase
- Compatible with both curved and straight staircases – stair lifts are low maintenance and easy to install
- Excellent solutions to vertical lifting problems – performing as a low-cost elevator
- Within a home, a vertical platform lift can lift a passenger in their wheelchair or powerchair as little as 20 inches and up to 14 feet with three stops
- Home elevators are practical and affordable solutions for the home
- EHLS can easily install an elevator in an existing home – building a hoist way inside or adding a small addition to hold it
- The Scalamobil is a wheelchair, operated by a caregiver, that can climb up and down stairs carrying its users
- A specialized piece of equipment – it is useful for people who have multiple staircases in their homes or travel around town to locations with staircases
“James, Thank you and your crew for the outstanding work done for Fiona O’Neill. The family is very thankful and so are we at the Make-a-Wish Foundation. Fiona can now bathe with dignity and privacy. Sincerely, Nancy Corts Make-a-Wish Volunteer Wish Granter “ – Nancy Corts