Commercial Wheelchair Lifts – Vertical Platform Lifts in Chicago
Vertical Platform Lifts, or VPLs, are very useful for helping a wheelchair user travel between levels. EHLS has over 20 years of experience in the installation and service of commercial platform lifts. We have installed thousands of lifts in schools, churches, restaurants, offices and other public buildings. VPLs are similar to elevators but use constant pressure switches.
- Lift Tower – with either a hydraulic or ball screw drive mechanism
- Platform with solid sides that is attached to the tower. When in use, the platform moves vertically up and down along the tower.
- Key Operated Controls at the upper and lower landings as well as on the platform
Commercial Vertical Platform Lift Safety Features:
- Solid metal walls on either side of platform keep legs and arms out of harm’s way when lift if moving
- Upper landing gate at the top landing is secured with an auto inter-lock. The gate will not open when lift is not in place, ensuring no one will fall to the surface below
- Safety underpan lifts automatically and stops from descending if anything is detected under the lift
- Emergency stop switch on the platform; push to stop, pull to reset.
Call us for a free commercial wheelchair lift assessment!
Savaria Multilift 3G
If you need an accessibility lift for a stage, courtroom or other public area and you don’t want the obstruction created by a full enclosure, the 3G model can be the perfect solution. The fixed side walls and landing gate create a partial enclosure for safety when the lift is being used – no one can get under the lift while in use. Yet the lift does not create an obstruction for viewing the surrounding area.
- 750 lb lifting capacity
- Travel up to 48″
- The self-enclosed drive tower makes the unit fast and easy to install
Bruno 3 Gate
The 3-gate (toe guard) lower enclosure system provides a full barrier at the lower landing with no access underneath the lift for maximum safety. Like all Bruno VPL’s, the 3-gate is driven by a reliable, quiet ACME screw-driven DC motor with full-time battery operation for access even during power outages.
- 750 lb lifting capacity
- Provides access up to 14″
- 42″ high, solid, side platform walls
The V-1504 STD from Savaria is a Vertical Platform Lift designed to provide easy access for the physically challenged.
This innovative product has been carefully studied to fit your home. Its model versatility also provides the best architectural choice for commercial applications such as schools, churches and office buildings.
- 750 lbs. capacity
- Hydraulic drive
- Indoor & outdoor models
Bruno Commercial Wheelchair Lifts may be the perfect solution for your church, school or business. Sometimes all you need to conquer is a couple steps – up to the stage, the podium, or the main lobby.
- Industry leading 750 lbs. capacity
- Keyed, constant pressure controls on platform
- 42” high, solid side platform
Savaria 1504 Lux/Prestige
The luxury model of Savaria reliable V-1504 is the LUX. The luxury model has been created to those very personalized architectural needs. It is a rich blend of tempered glass, stainless steel, brass or bronze materials. It is designed with a bottom landing door and top landing gate or door. A frameless model is also available.
- Luxury enclosure options
- Frameless design with glass and stainless enclosures
- Wall recessed tower options
The Prolift vertical platform lift is a smooth, quiet and efficient operation lift that can be installed in an existing or new structure. Its durable design and the wide variety of options to choose from make it a great affordable lift that meets your accessibility requirements.
- Industry leading 750 lb. weight capacity
- Lifting Height of 14 ft.
- 1:2 cable hydraulic drive, 3 hp submersed