Curved Stair Lifts for Staircases in Chicago, IL Area
Curved stair lifts are custom-made units that are designed for stairways that are complex. Staircases that have intermediate landings, curves, or turns, can be fitted with a custom-made curved stairlift. Because the curves and or turns of every stairway are different, the rail must be precisely designed by one of our manufacturers. EHLS proudly offers curved rail stairlifts from the top manufacturers in the industry: Bruno, Handicare, Hawle, & Harmar. To ensure a perfect fit, one of our stairlift experts will come to your home to take pictures of the stairs that. Those pictures are then sent over to the manufacturer so that they can start building the rail.
Types of staircases where curved stair lifts work best
- Staircases with curves or turns
- A staircase with an intermediate landing
- Pie-shaped staircases
- Spiral Staircases
- A straight staircase when an overrun is needed at the top or bottom for the user to safely get off or onto the chair
Curved Stair Lift Pricing
Although a curved stair lift will cost more than a straight stairlift, they are still far less expensive than the alternatives of moving or putting the first-floor addition on a house. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to list an accurate price because each curved stair lift is custom designed to meet the exact specifications of an individual staircase. Any options added to the lift such as a power-swivel seat will also have an effect on the total cost. If you are interested in getting a free quote for a curved stairlift for your home, please call us @ 847-215-9490.
Curved Stairlift Rail Designs
There a three different rail style designs that we offer from the top manufacturers in the industry:
- Flat Steel Rail (Bruno),
- Single Tubular Style Rail (Handicare)
- Double Tubular Style Rail (Hawle).
The flat steel rail is the most durable, while the tubular style rails are used in staircases that are steeper and/or narrower.
To learn more about a curved stairlift model or to schedule a no-obligation home assessment, please fill out the form below or call our office at 847-215-9490.
EHLS is Chicago’s top local stairlift dealer as we have been installing curved stairlifts in homes across Chicago, Illinois, Northwest Indiana, and Southeast Wisconsin since 1991. Below are the curved stairlift models that we offer.
Bruno Elite Curved Stairlift
The Bruno CRE (Curved Rail Elevator) has set the standard with award-winning, custom curved rail stairlift designs by offering a smooth ride both up and down stairs and through turns…a ride unequaled in the industry. It has a smooth, powerful drive system combines a self-locking worm gear and rack-and-pinion design. This provides the safest operation and longest lasting durability in the industry.
- 400 lbs. weight capacity
- Factory custom built for your staircase
- Offset swivel seat to make getting on/off safe and easy
- Power swivel seat option
Handicare’s newly designed Freecurve is the only single tube curved stair lift available in the United States. Like other curved models, the Freecurve is custom built to fit the curves and turns of your specific staircase. There are three seat styles for you to choose from, as comfort and safety remain the top priority. The Freecurve can overcome many architectural obstacles, allowing it to be installed in narrow spaces.
- 275 lb weight capacity
- 3 different seat options – giving you the ability to choose the style and color that will best match your home decor
- Manual swivel seat – allowing for a safe transfer onto and off of the lift
- Safety sensors that immediately stop the lift if anything is detected in its path
- Battery back-up in case there’s a power outage
- Number of options available
Hawle HW 10
Hawle’s custom curved stairlifts have been rated the safest stairlifts in Europe for the past several years and are now finally available in North America. Designed even for steep stairs, each stair lift can be custom-built to curve around corners and fit any stairway.
- 350 lbs. weight capacity
- Safety sensors on the footrest and back panels of the unit (which cause it to stop should anything make contact with them)
- Overspeed governor switch which acts as an emergency brake
- Large color and pad options
The Handicare 2000 curved stair lift is designed to be comfortable, easy to use and look discreet in your home. No other curved track available can be fitted closer to the wall and leave so much free space on your stairs. This system has enabled Handicare to offer the tightest inside turns available in the industry. Handicare’s versatile 2000 rail system will fit almost any staircase, no matter how complex ensuring you can remain mobile in the home you love.
- Up to 302 lbs. weight capacity
- The power swivel seat option makes turning your chair at the top of the stairs simple
- The 2000 track can be extended at the top to enable dismounting away from the stairs on the top landing
- The folding rail allows the 2000 track to be moved out of the way when not in use